Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby Genius??

So, I am CONVINCED that my child will become a famous rocket scientist/model - which is good, because considering the state of Social Security, she'll need to support her proud parents.

Taryn is 18 months old (as of yesterday, in fact). For the last few months, I have been trying to get her to repeat the alphabet and numbers 1-10. I don't know how long they've been doing it at daycare (but I am also conviced that her daycare is much better than I give them credit for sometimes).

Anyway, she's at the point where she will repeat every letter of the alphabet and numbers from 1-10, but I always have to say "A", then she'll repeat, then I'll say "B", and she'll repeat, and so forth. FOr the last week or so, when I say A, she'll say B, I'll say C, she'll say D.

I know, I know...how silly - a child is repeating the alphabet! HOWEVER, this morning my super-intelligent and gorgeous child decided to count, BY HERSELF, with no prompting from her half-way sleeping mommy, to 8! She did it all in the right order, although seven sounded like something weird (and I didn't understand it).

But...the kicker?? She's learning all sorts of new words lately, like toddlers this age do. After stopping at Burger King for some chicken tenders for her (because I'm a terrible mother, and I work late and don't have time to cook her a balanced meal every single day before putting her to bed with a soda - diet of course), she started screaming FRENCH FRY, FRENCH FRY!!! Smart kid! However, I was slightly reasonable and got her some applesauce instead. We're driving down the road, and she will say apple, and she will say sauce. Put them together, and what do you have?

Applesauce...or as my HIGHLY intelligent and beautiful daughter would say??

ASH_HOLE :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

She does sound super smart. Mady knows tons of words, but as for ABC's she can say them, but not in the correct order. Same with numbers. And you are not a bad mom to get chicken nuggets...I am so there with you. Plus I am sure she gets a balanced lunch at daycare.

Momma Mary said...

Ha. I'm waiting for the day Little Monster says something 'naughty.' It will happen, especially the way those words tend to slip out... a little bit too often!

annasmommy said...

I guess I cursed myself for laughing so hard at Taryn for saying Ash hole because lo and behold Anna started saying it 2 days ago. At first I didn't think that's what she was saying, but then yesterday JD got onto her for climbing and she got down started to walk away and said ash hole under her breath! She even knows when to say it LOL, but I am by no means encouraging her to curse LOL